Monday, February 26, 2007

The envelope please...

Hola people! I hope you enjoyed last night's ceremony. I'm exhausted from staying up and watching the entire Academy Awards and some press conferences afterwards, but we all suffer for our art, right? If you couldn't keep your eyes open long enough to see who won, here is a rundown of the biggest categories:

Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Best Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine (There is a God. So sorry, Eddie.)
Best Actress: Helen Mirren, The Queen
Best Actor: Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland
Best Director: Martin Scorsese, The Departed
Best Motion Picture: The Departed

The only real surprise for me was Alan Arkin. When I saw Francis Ford Coppola, George Lucas, and Steven Spielberg come down to present the Best Director Award, I knew Marty had won. Congrats to him, as this is long over due. I thought Ellen Degeneres did an alright job; nothing really had me doubled over in laughter. However, I really did enjoy the singing by Will Ferrell, Jack Black, and John C. Reilly.

But y'all don't really care about that crap, do you? You want to know who wore the best dresses. Now, what you have all been waiting for.......... Callie's Fashion Coverage of The 79th Annual Academy Awards!!!!!

Best Dressed:

5. Maggie Gyllenhaal in a Proenza Schouler dress - A lot of you will probably disagree with me on this, but I thought it looked great as she walked on stage. And she had the best one-shoulder of the night - a look so many people were wearing and something you can expect me to be bringing back from freshman year of college as well.


4. Cate Blanchett in a Giorgio Armani Prive dress


3. Reese Witherspoon in a Nina Ricci dress (she has been wearing her a lot lately)


2. Jennifer Lopez in a Marchesa dress - I can't stand her and I have no idea why she keeps showing up at these award shows, but I would totally wear this dress...while simultaneously looking fabulous!


1. Jessica Biel in an Oscar de la Renta dress - Who says you can't wear a flashy color to The Oscars?


Worst Dressed:

5. Jennifer Hudson in Oscar de la Renta - Love the dress, but shrug not needed.


4. Nicole Kidman in a Balenciaga dress- We all knew it was wrong when Charlize Theron showed up with her own built-in pillow, so why must you repeat that horror?


3. Beyonce in an Armani Prive dress - I don't like it and I don't like you.


2. Kirsten Dunst - You are not elderly.


1. Anne Hathaway - Like I told Hilary Swank after The Golden Globes, there is absolutely no need to giftwrap yourself for the occasion. You aren't jumping out of a cake.


And The Oddest Couple of the Night Award goes to............................

Victoria Beckham aka Posh Spice and Kelly Osbourne - This picture creeps me out. How do either of them benefit from this friendship?


Enjoy! I look forward to your commentary. I have to actually do some work now, people. Peace out.

Killa

Pictures courtesy of People and TMZ.

Your Ad Here