Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pop Guru's Annual Oscar Fashion Review

Well, that was the most predictable Oscars ceremony ever. We already knew all the winners going into the show, so the ceremony was a little boring. Many thanks to Melissa Leo for dropping an F bomb and keeping things interesting. I was surprised that James Franco was kind of flat, but I thought Anne Hathaway did a great job. And who can resist a dirty old man like Kirk Douglas?

One thing that always guarantees surprises is the fashion! Oy vey, were there some bad ones this year! So let's get on with the annual fashion review.

Best Dressed

This dress is by far the best of the night! I am in love with this dress and can't wait to buy the H&M knockoff. Mila Kunis has wowed us all throughout the awards season, and she certainly did not disappoint at the Oscars.


Sandra Bullock looks sophisticated and classy, per usual. Love the bold color.

It's hard to believe this was underneath all that flannel in Winter's Bone! Jennifer Lawrence was red hot in this sleek dress.


This is the controversial dress of the evening, but I loved it! Definitely a dress only Cate Blanchett can pull off.

I loved Camila Alves' sophisticated black dress. And having Matthew McConaughey as arm candy doesn't hurt either!


Worst Dressed

Maroon lace? Simply. Not. Ok. Though I should give her some credit - I would be too depressed to care what I looked like if Ryan Reynolds dumped me too.

Nicole Kidman said her daughter Sunday Rose dressed her. Time to get a new kid, because this one is clearly defective.


Marisa Tomei couldn't decide which dress she liked best, so she cut them in half and made it into one dress gone terribly wrong.

I didn't know Anne Hathaway and I shopped at the same places - I've seen this same comforter at Anthropologie!

Annette Bening, modeling the TRON collection.

Just because it's vintage doesn't mean it's wearable. Yikes, Florence Welch!

Cat got your tongue, Halle Berry? Oh, no - it got your dress.

Amy Adams in the Body Shop evening gown collection. Seriously, get a new stylist because I hate everything you wear.

Much like me, Elvira has a serious thing for the Brits.



And my ultimate worst dressed award goes to........

Christian Bale's face!

Photos: Getty Images

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Anonymous said...

You have good points there, so I always love your blog, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the fantastic work, My friend recommends your site.

My blog:
regroupement credits www.rachatdecredit.net

Your Ad Here